Monday, March 22, 2010

Death Wobble on 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 SRW QC SB

I have 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Quad Cab SB Laramie, 5.9L Cummins with 84,000 miles on it.
It's completely stock except for the Rancho steering stabilizer.

I've been having the infamous Death Wobble and can't get rid of it.

It seems to happen on the flat or going uphill with either constant speed or acceleration when the left front tire hits a bridge joint or pothole. I haven't experienced it when the right tire hit a bump first..

What I've replaced and or checked this week (3/19/2010):

  • All drag links, tie rod ends and the pitman arm were replaced with the 2008 upgrade.
  • Upper and lower ball joints both sides replaced.
  • Rancho steering damper checked - good
  • Steering gear checked - good
  • Track bar bushings checked - good
  • Front Axel U Joints checked - good
  • Wheel bearings checked - good
I've spent $1844 this week on the above and it still wants to shake apart.

I'm looking for comment on other components that may be causing this issue such as:
  • Shocks
  • Caster
  • Scrub Radius
  • Tire Pressure??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

    1 comment: